In a sales-oriented organization, the marketing planning function designs incentive pay plans to not only motivate and reward frontline staff fairly but also to align marketing activities with corporate mission. The marketing plan basically aims to make the business provide the solution with the awareness with the expected customers. According to Malcolm McDonald, marketing strategies can be seen as the means, or game plan, by which marketing objectives will be achieved and, in the framework that we have chosen to use, are generally concerned with the 8 Ps that is price, product, promotion, placement, people, physical, process and packaging.
* Price is the amount of money needed to buy products
* Product is the actual product
* Promotion is getting the product known by all people.
* Placement is where the product is sold
* People is represent the business
* Physical environment is the ambiance, mood, or tone of the environment
* Process is the Value-added services that differentiate the product from the competition e.g. after-sales service, warranties
* Packaging is how the product will be protected
A marketing plan for a small business typically includes Small Business Administration Description of competitors, including the level of demand for the product or service and the strengths and weaknesses of competitors, description of the product or service, including special features, marketing budget, including the advertising and promotional plan, Description of the business location, including advantages and disadvantages for marketing, pricing strategy, and market segmentation.